- What information we collect about you and how we use this information
1.1 Account and Profile Information
In order to use this forum, such as for searching and viewing member profiles, forums, topics and posts, you need to create an account. To create an account, we need you to supply us with some personal data so that we can provide our services to you. This includes a display name (for example, "John Doe") and a username (for example, john_Newcastle), a password, and an email address. After the registration, your account display name and username are the same.
Once you have registered and created an account, the following information will be visible to all embark2 members:
- Member’s name
- Biography (About Me)
- Location (Country)
Additionally, whilst using the embark2 forum the following information may be collected (this will not be public):
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Geographical location
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Referral source
You are responsible for your topics, posts and other information you provide through our services, and you should think carefully about what you post, especially as it is likely to be sensitive information.
1.2 Contact Information
We use your contact information, such as your email address, to authenticate your account and keep it - and our services - secure, and to help prevent spam, fraud, and abuse. We also use contact information to enable certain account features for example, for login verification, reset a password. You can also unsubscribe from any email notifications.
If you email us, we will keep the content of your message, your email address, and your contact information to respond to your request.
1.3 Private Messaging
One of the benefits of our embark2 website is that you can use private messaging within the forum but personal email addresses will not be displayed. It is often the case that members who holiday together share email addresses but we do not encourage the sharing of email addresses between members who are not known to each other.
1.5 Log Data
We receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our community, which we refer to as "Log Data," even if you have not created an account. For example, when you visit our website interact with our email notifications, we may receive information about you. This Log Data includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. We use Log Data to operate our services and ensure their secure, reliable, and robust performance.
- Information We Share and Disclose
2.1 How we share information we collect
You should be aware that any information you provide on our website can only be viewed by members of embark2.
2.2 Sharing with third parties
2.2.1 Service Providers: We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, and support our services. We work with third-party service providers to provide services such as booking holidays, tickets, hotels and any other activities that you sign up to.
2.3 Law, Harm, and the Public Interest
- How to access and control your information
3.1 Accessing or Rectifying Your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information. If you have registered an account on our website, we provide you with tools and account settings to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal data you provided to us and associated with your account. You can request for downloading your account information, including your created content. You also can request correction, deletion, or modification of your personal data.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted.
3.2 Deletion of Your Personal Data
You can request for your account deletion. This will include personal data, profile data, created content, logs, etc... Cookies should be deleted from your side. Almost all browsers have an option to delete cookies.
3.3 Restrict Processing
3.3.1 Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe an embark2 account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account by contacting us. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time.
- How we store and secure the information we collect
We use data hosting service providers to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
- Your Consent to this Policy
- Contact Us
embark2 Code of behaviour
The ethos of embark2
is to provide support for each other in the rebuilding of our lives. To achieve this, all members are expected to respect each other and show the care and compassion for other members that they themselves would want to receive.
1. Members should be sensitive to the needs and feelings of other members both on line and when on holidays or other social events.
will not tolerate any form of abusive or threatening behaviour from members. If any member should feel threatened or harassed by another member they must contact the executive team via email@example.com or inform the event leader. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for invoking the disciplinary process. embark2
reserves the right to suspend a member in order to carry out an investigation in accordance with the disciplinary procedures.
3. The safety and security of our members is of paramount importance. Holidays and events are therefore exclusive to members of embark2
members. Non-members are not allowed to attend embark2
events. In very limited circumstances the executive team may permit partners of members to attend an event or holiday and this will be made clear when the event or holiday is announced.
Rules for use of the embark2 website:
1. No abusive or threatening posts
are allowed. Any abusive or threatening posts will be deleted from the forum and the member who posted them maybe subject to the disciplinary process.
2. No harassment, discrimination or bullying
in any form will be tolerated. Any incidents of harassment, discrimination or bullying should be notified to the embark2 executive team.
3. No spam
is allowed. Any automated messages, unauthorised advertisements or links to competitor websites will be deleted.
4. 4. No illegal content
Members of the forum must not post material which:
1. is, or likely to be perceived as, discriminatory, hateful, false, inaccurate, threatening, libellous, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, harassing, profane, sexually orientated, invasive of a person's privacy, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or otherwise be a breach of the law;
2. is copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by the member or unless the member has all necessary licences and/or approval;
3. would constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country;
4. constitutes an unauthorised advertisement, chain letter, pyramid scheme or any other form of solicitation;
5. could be harmful (including, without limitation, hacking, the introduction of computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
6. The use of the forum for gathering information for research purposes, articles, surveys is not allowed, unless permission has been given by the embark2 executive team.
7. Members must not engage in any behaviour which has the potential to cause damage to the reputation of embark2 or its online forum or any computer systems hosting the forum.
8. Posts or messages containing personal contact details (name, address, telephone numbers etc.) are not encouraged for reasons of confidentiality and the safety of all members.
9. Members of the forums who voluntarily share information on the Forum which may include personal data, including photographs, are advised that it can be viewed by other members. embark2
advises all members to take care with the nature of information shared and we reserve the right to remove any data that is decided, in our opinion, to be inappropriate or may put the member (or members) at risk.
10. Members of the forum agree to respect the privacy and wishes of others, and they must not pass on details to third parties without seeking the express permission of the member/s concerned.
is not responsible for the content of any external websites accessed from links on forum posts or other areas of the site.
12. By using this site, you agree to the rules and code of behaviour.
Response to breaches of the rules:
will remove all objectionable posts or information posted to the forum and will make every effort to do so in a timely fashion If any member has any concern about any forum post they should contact the embark2 executive team at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our helpline. All concerns will be handled on a confidential basis. The decision to remove any post is at the discretion of the embark2 executive team, whose decision is final.
Disclaimer: Forums are real-time bulletins and neither the embark2
forum owner or the executive team warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information posted using the forum facilities, nor do they accept any responsibility for the contents of any message. The views expressed by members are not necessarily the views of embark2
. Any forum post expresses the views of the author only.
Exclusion of liability: embark2
hereby excludes all and any losses, liabilities, claims, damages, expenses or costs (whether as a consequence of its negligence or otherwise) arising in connection with:
- your use or inability to use the embark2 forum.
- any unauthorised access to or alterations of information provided by you.
- your use of any third-party websites (including without limitation those that may be connected by hyperlink to this site)
- any arrangements entered into with any third party in connection with any information provided by or in connection with this site.
- the inaccuracy or incompleteness of any information supplied through this site.